Fast-paced Boston marketing and advertising agency looking for a Studio Artist to join their team.
This person will be responsible for developing mechanical files accurately and efficiently for digital and print projects, as well as partnering with the creative team to edit ad layouts – this includes manipulating images and ensuring ads are formatted correctly for all media. Ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced deadline-driven environment.
- Work with designers and developers on digital projects and build vendor-ready digital mechanicals i.e. (website, banner & email files, etc.)
- Build print-ready mechanicals for a wide variety of mediums, i.e. magazines, newspaper, collateral, direct mail, out-of-home and large format units, packaging, and specialty print items.
- Conduct pre-flight and technical integrity checks on all files originating from agency studio, including final review of file specifications prior to release.
- Work on pieces for new business pitches and client presentations.
- Mount layouts on boards or create comps for client presentation as needed.
- Provide studio support to all agency departments.
- Advanced/Expert in Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac Environment
- Experience with Dreamweaver/HTML/Flash a plus
- Ability to work with precision under rigorous deadlines and extended daily schedules when necessary.
- Outstanding level of production skill. Ability to take an approved master creative composition and lay it out into various sizes and formats while keeping the original intent of the approved creative intact.
- Strong communication skills for effective coordination with art directors, account managers, production managers and vendors, and the ability to guide employees in other departments toward a better understanding of the production process.
- Degree in Graphic Design with 3+ years experience as a Production Artist in a design studio.